Looking for a job? Scroll down for the latest postings.
Criminal Background Check required for initial Ohio license and Ohio license restoration applications.
Employers want to post a job?
Note: The OAPA Office will be closed beginning May 7 and will reopen on May 17. Jobs will not be posted on the site during that time.
OAPA offers regular text ads and graphic banner ads that will be displayed on our Career Center section of the website.
|Regular Text Ad
||$50 for 1 Month|
|Small Graphic Ad
(225 x 200 max pixels)
|$100 for 3 Months|
|Large Graphic Ad
(252 x 400 max pixels)
|$500 for 3 months|
All submitted job listings will be posted for the entire paid duration unless OAPA is notified by the employer that the position has been filled.
All graphics must be supplied in .JPG or .PNG format within the specified max pixel dimensions above.
Current Job Listings
Catalyst Professional Services
Physician Assistants - Cardiology and Dermatology
Catalyst Professional Services, Inc is hiring two Physician Assistants (PAs) to provide services at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. Physician Assistants are needed in the Dermatology and Cardiology Clinics. These are full time positions working Monday through Friday day shift.
Cardiology Duties Include:
• Provide Cardiology Care and determine the need for consultation. Assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists and the attending Cardiologist.
• Oversee exercise and pharmacologic stress testing.
• Provide education to internal medicine residents in the performance and interpretation of exercise and pharmacologic stress testing.
• Oversee and coordinate monitoring of the nurse run antiarrhythmic clinic.
• Write prescriptions, order the administration of medications, dispense medications and prescribe controlled substances in accordance with the scope of Physician Assistant. This will include all routine medication refills.
• Review vascular disease referrals and order appropriate vascular laboratory studies in consultation with the attending cardiologist.
• Review preoperative evaluation referrals and coordinate with attending Cardiologist.
Dermatology Duties Include:
• Provide Dermatology care and determine the need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists and the attending Dermatologist.
• Write prescriptions, order the administration of medications, dispense medication and prescribes controlled substances in accordance with scope of practice for Physician Assistants.
• In the scope of Dermatology, this includes isotretinoin management and valid IPledge prescribing privileges.
• Performs various administrative task as requested by the surgeons.
1. Degree: Bachelor's degree.
2. Education: Graduate from an accredited college or university certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA).
3. Certification: Certified by the National Commission on Certification of Physician’s Assistants (NCCPA).
4.1 Cardiology - 24 months of experience in the last 36 months in a Cardiology Clinic.
4.2 Dermatology - 12 months of exp in the last 36 months in a Dermatology Clinic.
5. DEA: Current active DEA Registration.
Contact Person: Megan Heath
Phone: (301) 518-3490
Ohio Pain and Rehab Specialists
Full Time PA-C
We are seeking a Physician Assistant to join our team! You will provide healthcare services, under the supervision of a physician.
Administer injections, and other medical procedures
Assess patient health through interviews and physical examinations
Provide counsel and medical treatment to patients
Educate patients on overall wellness and health maintenance
Develop and implement patient management plans
Maintain a safe and clean work environment
Previous experience as a physician assistant or other medical fields
Familiarity with medical tools and equipment
Ability to build rapport with patients
Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Competitive Salary and Benefit Package
Contact Person: Josh Carr
MedOne Hospital Physicians
Physician Assistant for busy Hospitalist group in Columbus, Ohio. Evaluates new and existing patients by performing a history and physical, orders and interprets laboratory and diagnostic studies, prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities, and monitors for effectiveness of interventions for complex acute and chronically ill patients on the hospitalist service under supervision of a physician. Experience preferred but will consider new graduate.
Contact Person:Michelle Wende
Summa Health System
Advanced Practice Provider-Neurosurgery
Summa Health is currently seeking an individual that is interested in Neurosurgery. This role is located in Akron, Ohio, working along side the Medical Director in Neurosurgery. Will have an opportunity to be in surgery as first assist, inpatient and ambulatory setting. Full-time, position, eligible for health/vision and dental benefits, competitive pay and a great place to learn and grow your career as an Advanced Practice Provider.
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the region’s top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Develops and advances the quality of advanced practice through specialized direct patient care of complex/critically ill and/or intraoperative patients, leadership, consultation, education and research. Works to improve processes of care for patients. Ensures quality of patient care by utilizing established standards of care for specified department and coordination of services with physicians, care managers, social workers, patient care coordinators, therapists and other community agencies as appropriate.
Formal Education Required:
-Graduate of a nationally accredited Physician Assistant program, MPAS preferred, and have passed the national certification examination administered by the National Commission of Certification of Physicians Assistants or Masters Degree in Nursing with completion of Advanced Practice program in area of expertise and National certification as CNP or CNS.
Experience & Training Required:
-Current license to practice as an advanced practice registered nurse or physician assistant in the state of Ohio.
-Minimum one-year experience as advanced practice provider preferred in the acute care setting.
-Completion of Summa Health System Operating Room Orientation before assisting with surgical procedures based on credentialing/privileging as approved by the Allied Health Credentialing/Privileging Committee of Summa Health.
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
-Excellent skills in communication, organizing, self-motivation, accuracy, and time management
-Ability to read and interpret medical documents, which are commonly found in hospital, clinic or physician office environment.
-Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
-Ability to provide necessary care of complex/critically ill and/or intraoperative patients as required by position and requested by institution.
-Ability to work independently, to prioritize work and solve problems.
-Demonstrates competency in Microsoft office and all computer programs utilized by the Practice.
-Ability to manage multiple projects.
-Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
-Maintains affiliated hospital privileges as an Allied Health Professional.
-Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team of professionals.
-Demonstrates flexibility to meet the ever-changing needs of complex/critically ill and/or intraoperative patients and health care team members.
-Population Specific Competency: Ability to effectively interact with populations of complex/critically ill and/or intraoperative patients/customers with an understanding of their needs for self-respect and dignity.
Level of Physical Demands:
-Heavy: Exerts 50-100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25-50 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10-20 pounds of force continuously to move objects.
-Requires exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and other potentially hazardous conditions common to a clinical environment, such as risk of falls, strains, etc.
-Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination
Contact Person: Andrea Vojtkofsky